PROS CLI 3.1.4 Release¶
- New UI experience for creating, upgrading, and uploading projects
- Add binary compression to save space on the V5
- Add support for hot/cold linking
- Add V5 screen capture with
prosv5 v5 capture
- Add wireless downloading support
- Added support for supplying upload arguments to
- Bug fixes to V5 upload protocol
Updating to the new version¶
pip install https://github.com/purduesigbots/pros-cli/releases/download/3.1.4/pros_cli_v5-3.1.4-py3-none-any.whl (or pip3, depending on your system)
To upgrade a previous installation, run
brew upgrade pros-cli.
If you have the editor installed, you can also run
brew cask upgrade pros-editor.
To install from scratch:
Install Homebrew if it’s not already installed. This may take a while.
brew tap osx-cross/arm && brew tap purduesigbots/pros
brew install gcc-arm-bin && brew cask install pros-editor (if you want to install only the CLI, you can run
brew install gcc-arm-bin pros-cli instead)
- if Homebrew complains (“It seems there is already an App at ‘/usr/local/Caskroom/pros-editor/1.32.2/PROS Editor.app’”) when trying to upgrade the editor, run
brew cask upgrade --force pros-editorinstead.
- if you already have the PROS CLI installed, or if Homebrew complains about some files existing when trying to install the CLI, you’ll want to uninstall it first
- if you installed using pip, you can run pip3 uninstall pros-cli-v5
- if you installed using the .app bundle, you can move that bundle to the trash folder, and then run
rm -f /usr/local/bin/prosv5to clear out the old file