PROS Kernel 3.2.0 Release¶
Important upgrade notes¶
We are replacing the three
opcontrol.cpp files with a single
main.cpp file (see below) for new projects, so the
main.cpp file will be introduced into your project when you upgrade. If you compile the project right away, you will likely be faced with multiple definition errors for the competition tasks. To resolve this, you can either delete the new
main.cpp, or move the contents of your competition task functions into the new file, deleting the previous files. If your project structure has been significantly modified from the default, we trust that you will know how to resolve this issue on your own. Also note that if you have already consolidated the three files listed above into a single
main.cpp file, this will not be an issue.
You may also get multiple definition errors if you added the temporary
__sync_synchronize fix that was necessary for some users. After upgrading, you may safely remove that fix from your own code.
If your code checked
errno values set by PROS functions, you may need to change the values you compare with. Check each function’s documentation for more information.
We have upgraded LVGL to 5.3, but since starting the upgrade process LVGL 6.0 was released, which has changed things a lot, and the online documentation for LVGL now reflects information for version 6.0. Please see this link for information on where to find the documentation for LVGL 5.3.
- Upgrade LVGL to version 5.3
- Add an alternate
pros::Taskconstructor that takes only a task function, parameters, and a name.
- Add an alternate API for generic serial communications over the smart ports
- Add a better data abort handler that prints a stack trace
- Add Makefile variable for excluding libraries from the cold image
- Improve Makefile compile speed
- Support GCC 8.3 out of the box
- Add a default .gitignore to new projects
- Changes in header files will now be recompiled without having to clean
- Replace separate
opcontrol.cppfiles with a single
main.cppfile for new projects
vision_read_by_sigproperly transform coordinates and respect array boundaries
- Make VDML/ADI
errnovalues more consistent
- Other assorted VDML/ADI bugfixes
- Fix generic serial communications driver
- Fix C++ file I/O